POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lotsa Photons (Literally!) : Lotsa Photons (Literally!) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Lotsa Photons (Literally!)
From: nomail
Date: 21 May 2004 10:30:01
Message: <web.40ae1177d70920a7945ad0900@news.povray.org>
Hello

Here is the problem in it's briefest form.
I set POV-Ray rendering on a scene with photons and left it for about 7
hours.
When I came back I saw that it hadn't even started rendering yet, it was
just building photon maps.
Now this is the problem: It had built a photon map of about 1,500,000,000
photons. I stopped it at this point and looked through the code but I
couldn't see anything wrong. I tried running it again, but watched it this
time. After about 10 seconds it started rendering, but I hadn't changed any
code at all.

Why did this happen? Please tell me.

Thanks in advance!